Dr. Albert Spaw,Tenneessee

BROWNEYES_24
on 10/24/12 4:36 am
Hey Im having surgery with this doctor and I wonder if anyone could give me some information on him,whether you or friend,or family member used him as an surgoen. Currently I have all my papers submitted to BCBS and is awaiting an answer for approval. I'm so confused and anixous to have surgery. I didnt really do my research on him,all I know is he accepted my insurance and and was in tennessee. Most surgeons in the USA would not work on a body that has been to mexico, I had a gastric sleeve done in Mexico and he was the only one I could find who would do my surgery after being in Mexico.

Please help me out I acept all answer and feedback.

Thanks
larra
on 10/24/12 4:56 am - bay area, CA
I can't speak from personal experience, I can only say that I've seen patients of his post and they all speak well of him.

Larra
AmyLizTN
on 10/25/12 4:10 am - Bolivar, TN
I'm going on three weeks out.  Dr. Spaw did a great job and one of the nicest doctors I have ever met.  He has continued to check on me and call me just to see how I'm doing.  He is one of two of the top DS doctors in TN.
AmyLizTN
on 10/25/12 4:13 am - Bolivar, TN

Sorry I just noticed I am logged in under my wife's user name.  My wife is 7 years out and went through the same office and consulted with Dr. Spaw but had the DS done by one of his partners.

BROWNEYES_24
on 11/4/12 2:29 pm
When dr. Spaw did your ds, did he do it open or lap..I'm scared of a long scare down my tummy
BROWNEYES_24
on 11/6/12 8:57 pm
When dr. Spaw did your ds, did he do it open or lap..I'm scared of a long scare down my tummy
Valerie G.
on 10/25/12 10:42 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I've heard all good things about him.  

It takes a doc of great skill to be confident enough to jump into someone else's work.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

BROWNEYES_24
on 10/26/12 2:39 am

THANKS FOR ALL THE RESPONSES. WELL I AM STILL WAITING ON A ANSWER FROM BCBS

MsBatt
on 10/26/12 7:23 am

When my surgeon retired 6 months after my surgery, Dr. Spaw took his place and did my follow-up care.

k9ophile
on 10/26/12 7:33 am

I know people who have had Dr. Spaw as their surgeon and they were very happy with his skills and personality.  I live in TN yet used another doctor so all I know is what I've heard.  It's a shame we have to choose based on insurance, but I am not loaded so I had to rely on it.  I was lucky to get a good doctor and so are you.angry

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 983 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1170 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 446 views