Weight regain of 30 pounds and now on insulin

hope H.
on 4/18/12 3:11 pm - mesa, AZ
 Well in the past 9 months I have gained 30 pounds and have been put back on insulin  I had the rny in may 2007.  I have went back to drinking while eating and picked up bad habits.  I need to hange this.  I had the egd done and showed that there instead of 15 mm m pouch anastamosis is 20 mm... all my fault...I need to get back on track,  any suggestions????
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgZaeZ1/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wgZaeZ1/weight.png[/img] [/url]            
exohexoh
on 4/18/12 4:02 pm - West Chester, PA
 just going back to the basics should help you getting back on track. stop the eating and drinking together (something i'm working on as well), measure your portions, don't graze and overeat. protein first. 

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

dasie
on 4/18/12 6:24 pm
I admire your honesty about this.  I know you are disappointed about being back on insulin, but you are now on your way to regaining control of your health.  Thirty pounds is not a lot when you think of where you have come from.  My advice would be to watch your carbs, count calories and determine how many you need to lose, do some sort of exercise, and eliminate all junk foods.  Eat a diet high in lean protein, vegetables and foods you should be eating being diabetic.  I have no doubt if you take this one day at a time and stay focused, you will get these pounds off in no time.

MarilynT
on 4/19/12 1:05 am
I agree with everything Daisy said. I have been in your shoes; not the insulin part, but the "gained 30 pounds" part. ...THREE TIMES!! I am here to tell you that if you get back to basics you CAN lose the weight again.

Good luck.

Marilyn (now in NM)
RNY 10/2/01
262(HW)/150-155(GW)/159(CW)
(updated March 2012)

Cleopatra_Nik
on 4/19/12 1:13 am - Baltimore, MD
 Marilyn, thank you for posting that. Thirty pounds seems to be the number, doesn't it? I too have regained 30. I've already lost about 5 of that though and am working on the rest. While it's disheartening I try to focus on the fact that I ONLY gained 30 (instead of the entire 155 I lost) and that I am doing something about it. 

I'm moving closer to my gym so I intend to ramp up my workout schedule now that gas will not be an issue (four block walk!). I've also started food logging and trying to eat more mindfully. My tool still works just the same as it has been working. I just needed help listening. 

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

dasie
on 4/19/12 2:17 am
Thank you for posting.  What an inspiration to see a veteran like you living a successful bariatric life.  That is such an encouragement.

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/12 4:12 am - gloucester county, NJ
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 321 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 302 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 78 views
Recent Topics